Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Tuesday

Today is Tuesday and I had a very bad night. I am totally exhausted from lack of sleep because I was sick with worry.

You see what happened yesterday was this.

I got a phone call around 11 o'clock at night from somebody who is very close to me and he gave me some real disturbing news.

He told me that a French economist wrote a book or an article, I really don't know where he stated that the wealth of the countries of the world shrunk by a few trillion dollars.

Now, this kind of bad news is enough to keep any red blooded American up all night. I was up and I am not even a red blooded American.

The reason for this poverty is the fact that many of the wealthiest in the world do not pay taxes and hide their monies in places where it can not be traced.

When I heard this news I immediately started to think of what could I do to help the world. I can donate my piggy bank, I can double my taxes, I can not use anything that has to be financed by public funds thus not to wear those things out.

But at the end I decided that I really just do not give a hoot about this. Let the people who have nothing else to do worry about such a problem.

After I put my mind at ease I decided to go to my gym and work out because a healthy body is already a wealth. After the gym, being a gorgeous day, I went to the beach.

I had a great time out there. Went in the water about three times and really loved it. The water was cool and refreshing but the air was really hot. I was out there for about two and a half hours.

The good thing about weekday that for old fogies like me it is free and there were really very few people there. That is why it was so pleasant.

I'm not saying that I enjoyed being there all by myself but since I have no choice in the matter I have to do with what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment