Saturday, June 21, 2014

Friday's Thoughts

I am a real drinker! A while back I really liked bloody mary and I was making one a few nights in a row. Quite few nights. After a while my stomach started to hurt so I asked my doctor that was that from the alcohol. She responded that no, that was from the tomato/V8 juice. She explained that the acid in the juice was hurting my stomach.

That meaning that if I just drank vodka I would have had no pain. That is a hell of a solution to a drinking problem! Regardless of the diagnosis I still like bloody mary. But now, being Summer I switched to vodka and tonic. Now, that's a nice summery drink. And it is so easy to make.

Whenever I order a bloody mary or vodka and tonic in a restaurant the server asks me what brand of vodka I want. They never ask what kind of tomato juice or tonic I want. I think the vodka is not important because one can not feel the taste due to the stuff it is mixed with. It's only asked so they can up the cost of the drink.

I always say house brand. I would love somebody to compare once an expensive brand and the house brand in a mixed drink.

Today is Friday and a beautiful day. Real summery! Actually tomorrow supposed to be the first day of Summer and the longest daylight day. Boy, how time flies. I remember a few months ago, when we were in the hospital there was a blizzard. Now they are occupied with the heat.

I had lunch with a friend of mine and his wife. We get together every few weeks and talk. Today we sat in the restaurant for over three hours and just talked. Not once our cell phones rang, not once we received any text messages. Just plain talked. That is also possible between friends, even if it is face to face!

We'll probably see each other in about two or three weeks and I am already looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment