Saturday, June 14, 2014

Friday

Today is Friday. I had some things to do and I did them. Most important was getting a haircut, which I did. After that had a few things to do then came home.

In the late afternoon I was watching World Cup soccer which I enjoyed but while watching them I noticed something.

I know that all the players are professionals playing in clubs all over the world. They return to their home countries for these international tournaments. They are all stars and making lots of money.

They are also young people who are probably dictating styles that are being followed by eager fans.

My complaint is about tattoos.

In the old days men came out of the military, mainly Navy and had tattoos on their arms saying Mother or a sweetheart's name or just a red heart.

Later people in jails put on various tattoos I guess to look more dangerous.

Now professional athletes like basketball players, soccer players place tattoos all over their bodies. All the way up on their necks, filling up the arms and who know where else.

To me they all look disgusting.

I am sitting in a restaurant and I see young women come in with their arms filled with tattoos and the same goes for young men also.

I just wonder what will happen when they get old or older, become grandparents and their grandchildren will ask about these idiotic body markings.

Maybe today these look acceptable on a younger person but in their later years they will look absolutely abnormal. But I guess they are just not thinking that far ahead.

Maybe I am just not in line with today's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment