Thursday, June 19, 2014

Wednesday

Today was a gorgeous day. Very hot and totally sunny. I didn't go out to the beach because since I went yesterday today would have been too much. Maybe in a few weeks I'll be able to manage consecutive days.

Instead, I had lunch with an old friend of mine. He is 91 years old with a very clear mind. Lost his wife about eight years ago, lives alone and learned to manage his life. It was a pleasant lunch for the both of us.

Now an other subject.

Couple days ago a friend sent me an e-mail with a website that I find very interesting. The name of the site is http://showmystreet.com/ and as it says it will show any building whose address is given. And it supposed to work anywhere in the world. It's just like the Google map but I think more current.

Absolutely amazing what today's technology can produce. And this just the tip of it. It seems to me if one does not keep up with the improvement he will be left behind in a very short time.

I am ashamed to admit that I still do not understand Facebook, Twitter or any of the other so called social networks. I don't understand them therefore I don't know how to use them.

I have a smart phone but I am convinced that between the two of us my smart phone is the smarter one. To do this blog is just about all I know how to do on the computer. And I'm not even 100% on that either.

While I am writing this the news is on the TV and all they talk about is the heat. Barely a few months ago they were occupied on how cold it was. It seems they are never satisfied. There is no such a thing like the perfect weather?


No comments:

Post a Comment