Friday, June 13, 2014

Thursday

We can all use good news. Today, after a very long time I got some good news. My dermatologist called and informed me that all the biopsies she took from my skin last week were good, no sign of cancers. She said something about keratosis that is the result of too much sun.

I was so relieved because lately nothing turned out good for me. It does not mean I can not go out to the sun just that I have to be more careful than in the past. Sunscreen is the answer and I better get used to it. i guess somebody is watching over me!

While I am writing this the TV is on and the Brazil - Croatia World Cup soccer is on. The popularity of this sport is unbelievable. Brazil just scored a goal and the crowd just went totally nuts. The stadium is filled to capacity and I am sure that all the games throughout the competition will be played before full houses.

After all these years that I am in this country I can still not understand why soccer never got popular here. There are huge number of immigrants who came from soccer countries yet the popularity of the sport never took off.

Somebody long time ago explained it that Americans are not intelligent enough to understand soccer. And the other version was that the television industry didn't like it because there are no stoppages for commercials. I don't believe this second one because in other countries the sport is thriving and so do television.

I guess people here want so much to be Americans that they start to "love" baseball and football. To me they are both boring and unnecessarily long. But hey, it is only my opinion.

Since I am complaining here is another one.

Why at the World Cup Opening Ceremony they had to heve Pitbull and Jenifer Lopez appearing? Brazil don't have any talents that they have to turn to Americans? This thing mekes me sick. No matter where one travels there is always American music heard.

I was in Hungary, Vienna, Caribbean and all I ever heard was American music. Turn on the radio in Europe and there is nothing else but American music. What happened to France or Germany. Don't they produce anything? And the same goes for Hungary. It seem that American music rules the world.

They don't like Americans but they like the music. Weird world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment