Sunday, June 29, 2014

Nice Saturday

It is unbelievable how tiring can be doing not much. That was exactly what happened with me today.

I didn't do anything until noon except made and received a lot of phone calls. But that's really not tiring unless one counts being charming takes energy.

Afternoon, my friend and I did our usual Saturday routine. Gas, supermarket then late launch blended into an early dinner.

As I said routine. Nothing out of the ordinary, should be used to it by now. Yet, when I got home around sic o'clock I just collapsed.

Maybe it was the food. We went to a very lovely waterfront restaurant in the Long Island town of Port Washington. We were sitting out on the deck, under an umbrella and the sea air was coming in a light breeze. I have to tell it was extremely pleasant even though the place was pretty crowded.

This restaurant has its own marina that allows people to come in with their own boats and dock and eat. The place had the resort atmosphere with the sun shining and very pleasant warm air.

Being a seafood restaurant we both naturally had seafood. We started with oysters, then a nice watermelon/gazpacho soup followed with seared scallops for her and fried fillet for me. Everything was just great.

I love oysters. My friend never had any but very bravely she ate three and announced it that she liked them. I told her be careful because oyster are supposed to be aphrodisiacs.

This is one of the advantages of not living in Manhattan. Places like this one are nothing special but can not be found in Manhattan only out in Long Island (as far as I know).

No comments:

Post a Comment