Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Monday

Today is Monday, the first day of the workweek. Oh, I forgot I don't work anymore. For me each day is just like the other. It does not make any difference if it is Wednesday or Saturday. Except maybe for the traffic on the roads.

Anyway, today I went to the dentist for my six month checkup. I received a clean bill of health. Have almost all my teeth and what I have didn't need any work except cleaning.

After the dentist I went to Target to buy a few things that I can get cheaper then in the supermarket. Here is an example.

Saturday I bought a large can of Maxwell House coffee for $7.99. Today I bought another can at Target for $6.00. Exactly the same kind. Good deal or not?

I also bought six boxes of cereal where the deal was that every second box was 50% off. I'm really watching my money!

That was my program for the day. Oh, I also had pizza for lunch.

I came home early afternoon and lacking anything to do I'm watching World's Cup soccer. Basically there is absolutely nothing on the television so the soccer comes on as a relief.

Earlier I was watching Nigeria against Iran. The match ended in a 0:0 tie but it was still very interesting.

Sometimes I am amazed at the sportsmanship these soccer players exhibit. They play tough and they play rough. Some of the opponents come from the opposite ends of the culture or political scale yet they still remain fairly sport oriented.

A player falls down because he gets a cramp in his leg, two players from the opposing team are there massaging his legs. Pretty amazing.

One guy knock over another then turns around and gives a hand to help him up. Well, granted many of these players know each other because they either play in the same professional clubs or at least in the same circuits. It's a small world and getting smaller.

During the Nigeria-Iran soccer game there was a public announcement that there was a taxicab parked outside the stadium with its lights on. The entire Nigerian team took off!

No comments:

Post a Comment