Sunday, March 1, 2015

Saturday

Today is Saturday and as such it is the end of an exhausting week and time for some well earned relaxation.

That is the rule almost everybody goes by. But in the case of us, retired people there is really no difference between, let's say a Wednesday or a Saturday. Maybe just that on any given Wednesday there are less people than on a Saturday. On a Wednesday one can get in any restaurant while on a Saturday night a thirty minute wait is the norm.

But just like the joke said: during the week we don't do anything and on the weekend we rest. It makes sense I think!

Our plans for today is that later in the day we might go out and do some shopping. Food and some other necessary stuff. My G.F. is a superb cook and she prepares fantastic meals every night during the week and because of that we constantly are in the need to resupply our inventory.

I got things in the house now I never knew existed or at least what to use it for, like flour. In all my years in this country I don't think we ever bought flour. My Mother did in Hungary but not us here. But she makes good use of it and whatever she cooks, bakes, roasts always come out superb.

It is reflected in my waistline. I am now getting that respectable look about me. But fine, I am happy and not complaining.

Look on the bright side, me buying larger pants will help the economy. Maybe only the Chinese economy but it will still help somewhere and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment