Monday, March 2, 2015

Sunday

A few days ago I mentioned that I like to eat food I am not very familiar with. If it is written in a language I do not understand but find the description pleasant I'll order it and let see what will happen.

Yesterday, Saturday we had a very pleasant day. In the afternoon we went to a Stew Leonard's store that is about fifteen miles north of where I live. It was very interesting and naturally we did buy a few things. There is no way one can walk into a food store just to look and come out empty handed. And it was that way with us, also.

After shopping we drove further north and went to White Plains for dinner. We planned to go to a Puerto Rican restaurant that was touted as a really nice, upscale place.

We were not disappointed. The place was very nice and the food was excellent. The guests were a mixed crowd, meaning Americans and Hispanics and service was good. The food was interesting and naturally I chose something I had no clue about. It was a Puerto Rican steak with black bean rice.

In short my food was great. My girl friend had chicken breast in Puerto Rican style and she just loved it. For appetizer we shared an order of beef empanadas. Naturally we also both had Margaritas.

I have to admit that before going to the restaurant I had some qualms about how good it might be but those qualms just disappeared while we were just sitting at our table.

This place was in downtown White Plains and we had a chance to drive around the area for a while. We were both pleasantly surprised how nice and lively the place looked like. There were several nice looking restaurants and everything was lit up almost like if it were Christmas.

We decided that once the weather gets warmer we'll go up there for dinner again.

To and a nice weekend we finished today with fantastic Hungarian stuffed pepper for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment