Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Monday

I am very upset today. Being upset is a rare thing with me because usually nothing bothers me but what happened today upset me a lot.

A few days ago we bought two ceiling fans from Home Depot. One smaller one for the kitchen and one for the bedroom to replace an older one that is not functioning right anymore.

Since I installed the one in the bedroom I was convinced I could do it again. How wrong I was!

This morning after my regular chores I opened the box, inventoried the contents and started work as it was explained in the attached booklet. Removal of the old ceiling light fixture was easy except that I had trouble identifying the colored electric wiring since I am color blind.

Somehow I thought there were too many wires for my liking. And the damn motor weight a ton and holding it up in the air while I was supposed to connect the wires seemed like an impossible task. Also there were two very small screws that I dropped about fifteen times and each time I had to get off the ladder down to the floor and look for them.

After about two and a half hour I decided to swallow my pride and called Home Depot and inquired about installation. I was told they did not provide installation for ceiling fans!? At the end I asked the building super if he could do it and he said yes. I hope he knows what he is doing.

Not being able to do this thing was what upset me.

By the way yesterday we bought a new gas oven and a new refrigerator. The oven I have is original equipment in the apartment since I live here and now that we are together and doing serious cooking a good oven is a must.

New carpet, new kitchen floor covering, new oven, new refrigerator, new ceiling fans. I better be around a long time to enjoy all these!

No comments:

Post a Comment