Thursday, March 19, 2015

Wednesday

Today started as a pretty aggravating day. Since yesterday the low tire pressure indicator light was on in my car's dashboard and that annoyed me to no end. It came on last week but I put air in the tire and it went off. But I guess because of the slow leak it came on yesterday.

This morning I got up before the crack of dawn at the ungodly hour of 6:30 (for a retiree) and drove to the dealer to have a look at my wheels. Why are they constantly losing air.

Somehow it didn't surprise me when they told me that there was a nail in the wall of one of the tires and that caused the leakage. It seems that I have knack of picking up nails on the road. They probably think I am driving in a lumber yard.

Two things made this bad. One that they couldn't fix it and second that I had to buy a new tire for the sum of $210. To add insult to injury this was the tire I bought only a few weeks ago for the exact same reason.

When one gets a new car they give you a very large packet of books and warranties including tire guarantees. The only problem is that when one needs something it turns out the guarantee does not cover that particular case. And that is the case of my tires. The guarantee does not cover road damage says the service guy.

Actually, now he was trying to sell me tire insurance for $400 but I said I would take my chances since this is a lease car and I have only two and a half years left in my contract. But it was a nice try anyway.

So now I am poorer by $210 but richer by one new tire.

I don't know if I mentioned it that day before yesterday we bought a new wall-to-wall carpet. Today the man was here to measure it and we can now expect installation.

The painting of the apartment is now scheduled for early June and we decided to make a few changes. If I want to have a new life I must tolerate the changes that come with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment