Friday, March 20, 2015

Thursday

A week from tomorrow I will be meeting my friends from the other side of the pond and from the other side of the Schuylkill River. I'm really looking forward to this annual get together.

Last year I attended it alone but this time I will introduce my girlfriend to two of my closest, dearest friends who I know for the longest time. And when I say longest time I do mean a very long time. One of the couples comes over from good old England while the other comes over from good old Keystone State.

As they say distance makes the heart grow founder (or something similar) I really love these friends and I am anxiously looking forward seeing them again. Good friends are hard to find and I really cherish our relationship. The only sad thing is that we live so far apart.

Something else.

After this tumultuous relationship I have with my girlfriend we recently decided to live together. Meaning that she will move in with me. It is my idea and I am really looking forward to it. This apartment needs a woman's touch, I don't want to be alone and I really love being with her.

The first step was already taken when she decided that the apartment needed to be painted. The landlord is required to provide free painting but I don't think we had the place painted in the past eight - nine years.

We also bought new carpeting since the old one is kind of old and creates dust. Today we already purchased two new ceiling fans that I will install and new floor covering for the kitchen.

So, we are kind of revamping the apartment and I am really very excited about it.

The interesting thing is that she wants everything to be done while I am in Europe. She says she does not need my help, she can do it alone. Very curious to see the apartment when I will return. I probably will not be able to find anything but I'm sure I'll manage it.

No comments:

Post a Comment