Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Tuesday

Today after a long absence I finally went to the gym. I figured with all the good food I eat it was time to do a little workout. And a workout it was!

I did so much that eventually I worked up a good sweat. Or was just the temperature too high in there? It doesn't matter, it still felt good. I went to the new gym where I recently signed up. Figured as long as it is free might as well use it, right?

Driving around in these days is a total disaster. No matter what road I take there are potholes all over. And they don't seem to fix any of them at least not on the roads I travel on. These holes are worse at night when they only be felt and not seen. And by then it is too late.

Something else.

Since we bought all the opera tickets they think that now I am serious opera patron. Today I got a letter from the Metropolitan Opera Guild and you will never guess: they asked for a contribution!

For $400 dollars I can get all kinds of benefits including entry to some exclusive lounge before performances. But no discounted tickets. For $70 dollars no lounge but discounts at the gift shop.

One can find discounts to almost every Broadway performance except the Metropolitan Opera. I really don't think they need my contribution and with that thought in mind I deep sixed their letter. For the prices they charge and seeing that most of their expensive seats are always sold out I can not understand why they have to beg for money.

As I said earlier we are scheduled to see Aida in April and the Merry Widow in early May. I'm kind of exited about both of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment