Sunday, March 15, 2015

Saturday

Even though I was married twice I never had any children. I never wanted any and I am very content with the fact that my family tree will die out with me. I have a cousin, my father's younger brother's son who is also without any male heir. The family have girls but no boys to carry on with the family name.

Well, that's not that important. The important thing is that since I had no children I really don't possess the feelings parents have for their children. I looked at kids through different eyes. Many of them seemed to me nothing but nuisance.

Several of my friends and acquaintances have children and I can count on one hand the ones who turned out really well. That was one of the reasons why I never ventured into parenthood. I was afraid of how they would turn out, I was afraid of the responsibilities of being a parent.

But now things are changing.

My girlfriend has a 12 and 3/4 years old daughter who stays here in my apartment a lot. Even though she is a total nuisance I still grew to love her. She shows so much warmth toward me that it is impossible to stay mad at her for any extended period of time and believe me she gives reasons.

She goes to school close to where I live. So I get up before seven in the morning to wake her up. I make her breakfast and while she is in the bathroom I fix her lunch. And when the time is here I drive her to the school where she gives me a kiss before getting out of the car.

In the afternoon I pick her up at 2:30 and bring her home or some days she goes to her girlfriend's house and I pick her up there later on.

I don't have to do this but I love doing it. First I help my girlfriend and second I love doing it.

The little girl and I constantly argue but I don't mind because at the end she comes over and gives me a hug.

And a hug from a child is worth anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment