Friday, March 6, 2015

Girth

I seriously believed that there was something in the air that made my clothing shrink. One after another my pants were getting tighter and tighter at the waist. I said, 'gee, they don't make pants like they used to'.

Until one day this past week we took those pants down to the cleaner for letting out. Buying new ones never occurred to me!

She took a measuring tape and found the answer to the mystery.

My girth increased from 38 inches to 40 inches. Son of a gun! It never occurred to me to step on the scale but I did have a funny feeling that there was more of me now than ever before.

Friends tell me I look better than ever before. One thing is sure I eat very well. My girlfriend is a magician in the kitchen. No matter how complicated the food is she makes it look simple to prepare it and thus we always have something wonderful for dinner.

Even when she doesn't ask what do I want for dinner her selections are fantastic.

That is the answer to the riddle of what makes my pants shrink!

No comments:

Post a Comment