Thursday, March 5, 2015

Wednesday

This is Wednesday and I am writing just before my self imposed "publication time".

We just got home after a very nice time. We went to Manhattan to the New York City Center to see Sara Baras Ballet Flamenco.

I never saw a flamenco show except on television and I found this extremely entertaining. This is a group directly from Spain and their star is supposedly the reigning flamenco queen.

I can't say the theater was full but whoever was there gave the performers standing ovation more than once. They were all very good, the music was good (two guitars) and the dancing was extraordinary. This woman was taking steps so fast that they sounded like machine gun shots.

After the theater we went to a Mexican restaurant and had a nice meal. The beauty of midweek entertaining is that there were no crowds anywhere. We parked in the street, were able to get in the restaurant of our choice without reservation and there was no traffic in the theater district.

I think in the future we will go out in midweek only. Let the employed ones go out in the weekends.

So, now I will hold my "pen" until next week. Maybe I'll be back next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment