Friday, March 6, 2015

Monday

I was very upset today. And I really very rarely get upset about anything but what happened today upset me a lot.

Last week we bought two ceiling fans from Home Depot. I have one in the bedroom that I installed years ago but that one is not working very well. Installation was easy and I said I could install the two new ones the same way.

How wrong I was!

Today was the day that I planned to install the on in the kitchen. I opened the box, unpacked the stuff, inventoried everything and started work. I removed the existing light fixture which went easy but when I was faced with colored electric wiring that was when trouble started. There were too many wires and the description was not that accurate at least not for me.

Beside there were two tiny screws that I dropped at least fifteen times and each time I had to get down on the floor looking for them. Pain in the butt!

The machine part of this damn fan weighs about a ton and connecting colored wires while balancing that load is almost impossible. So I decided to swallow my pride and called Home Depot and inquired about installation. I was told they didn't install ceiling fans. Darn it!

Finally I asked the super in my building if he would install them and he said he would. I just hope he knows how to do this. But this thing upset me a lot. I wanted to do it, it was very easy years ago. Why do they have to overcomplicate everything?

Oh, last night in step with the rejuvenation of my apartment we purchased a new gas oven and a new refrigerator.

The gas oven was original equipment since I live in this apartment. It worked ok but not perfect. And since now there is serious cooking done in this house the least we should have is a new oven.

New carpet, new floor in the kitchen, new oven, new refrigerator, two new ceiling fans. I better be around for a long time to enjoy all these strappings of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment