Thursday, April 30, 2015

Wednesday

Today I was informed that I have a new friend. This friend is not unselfish, this friend does not care about me one way or another and this friend will be happy only when he has all my money.

This friend is the Metropolitan Opera.

Today I received a very thick envelope addressed to me and I was called "Dear Friend". I went to the opera twice this year, going again next week and now they think we are friends.

What do they want? In one word: money. Actually they sent us next year's schedule which would permit us to subscribe to certain performances ahead of the tickets being offered to the public. We are thinking about buying a few tickets at this time to a few performances. It will also give me time to get my tuxedo out of mothball and get it wearable.

I was looking at the Met's ticket order blank and at the bottom there are a few little notes added. One is Suggested Member Contribution $150 another is Suggested Met Titles for $25. Oh, then there is a $2.50 per ticket Facility Fee.

I am seriously thinking how much should I donate to the Metropolitan Opera. All my money or just half of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment