Thursday, April 23, 2015

Wednesday

Today is Wednesday and nothing exciting happened this week so far with the exception of the sticky floor.

That damn floor is keeping me very busy. The gook keeps bubbling out from between the joints and I have the great talent to step on every one of them. Friday I bought myself ten pairs of sport socks for home use. Because of this stupid floor I only have five pairs left because every day one pair gets so messy and sticky that I have to throw that out.

I wish it was already dry and behave normal.

Something else.

Today I called Stockholm, Sweden. It is amazing how the world is at one's fingertips through the wonders of telephone. I dial, there it rings and eureka, I am talking to Sweden.

I wanted to call the hotel we will be staying to confirm our reservation. One might think it is an easy thing to do. It ain't!

I went on their website and called every number listed. They were 800 or 877 area codes and I thought how nice, all toll free numbers. It turned out none were connected to the hotel but to some reservation service with no connection to the hotel.

But then the light went on in my brain and looked up the Swedish Yahoo site and through that I found the correct telephone number. They immediately answered (in Swedish) and spoke perfect English. I was relieved to be told that our reservation is good.

Five weeks and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment