Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Monday

Today, Monday, I went into Manhattan for a doctor's visit. Nothing serious just a periodic checkup so the doctor may present a legitimate insurance claim. I happen to like this doctor and I really don't mind the trip into the Big City. Besides he gave me a clean bill of health and told me I looked very happy and good.

Actually he is a urologist meaning that his definition of clean bill of health is limited to a certain part of the human anatomy. But that was good enough for me.

Will see me in six months because that is when he will need another infusion into his bank account.

So, I took my favorite urban transport, the subway, into Manhattan. Rush hour being done it was a pleasant ride. Train came fast, got seat and the trip was quick. Around 10:45 the weather was very pleasant with the sun out. I took a leisurely walk from the subway station to his office and right through Bryant Park. That is such a nice park with very few people out there that had I the time I would have sat down and enjoyed the fresh air.

There are a couple of great things in life. One of them falling asleep front of the television. One just sits there and slowly gives himself over to sleep. Today I realized that the same pleasure can be achieved from falling asleep on the subway. I had such a great snooze on the train both going into Manhattan and then coming home that I can not describe it.

The difference is that the one at home is free while the subway snooze I paid for.

No comments:

Post a Comment