Saturday, April 11, 2015

Friday

Today is Friday and it is still a very crummy day. Cool, drizzly, totally uncomfortable. But since we have no real outdoor events planned I guess we just going to have to deal with it.

But yesterday we had a very nice day. As I mentioned earlier we went to New Jersey to visit a very dear friend of mine whom I visit periodically since she lives alone. Our friendship goes back about 58 years and we like to keep it going for at least another 58 years.

This visit was more important to me because this was the first time she met my girlfriend. They hit it off immediately and we all had a great time together. This friend is a great cook, a fantastic hostess and it goes without mention that we ate and ate and ate.

She used to give me food to take home but this time she realized that I am in good hands and starvation is not something I have to be afraid of.

Even though she lives only about a hundred miles from my house it still took us almost three hours to get there thanks to an accident on the New Jersey Turnpike that slowed traffic almost to a crawl.

We left her house about 7:30 in the evening and the homebound drive was bordering on the pleasant. I guess I am a perfectionist, meaning I am never satisfied.

My girlfriend says I always complain and nothing is good enough for me.

Maybe that is part of my charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment