Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Monday

Today, Monday is the first "normal" day after the Spring Break. Up at 6:45, fix breakfast, prepare lunch, take the kid to school.

I'm sure this sounds familiar to many people but it is new to me. Don't misunderstand, I am not complaining. I really like the organized nature of this thing. Even though every day is different there are certain similar events that are tied to schedules. And that is how I like it.

Something else.

I read that years ago Monday night was the fancy night at the Opera. That was the night when people really dressed up. I guess high society wanted to show that they don't have to go to work on the next day therefore they can put on their finest on a weekday.

According to the Internet that custom no longer rules but they also say that we shouldn't be surprised if we see people in their long gowns or tuxedos.

Well, my tuxedo is in dry dock and my girlfriend will not wear her long gown either. We might get stoned by some wannabe socialites but we just going to have to take the abuse.

Rest of this afternoon I will be catching up on my Italian so I might understand what the heck they are all singing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment