Monday, April 27, 2015

Wishful Thinking

Funny things happen in life and some just happen with no explanation. Here is my story.

This last Saturday we got back to my apartment and I stayed there for the better part of the day because the building super promised to come up and fix a faucet in the bathroom and plus we were expecting a FedEx delivery.

So I just stayed and waited and waited and in my free time just got annoyed at the kitchen floor. Around 11 am the super said he would be up shortly.

Shortly in super lingo is at least an hour and a half. Anyway, my girlfriend came home from work around 1:30 sat down and said she wished the super were here already. With that the doorbell rang and lo and behold the man arrived. He stayed for about an hour fixed everything and left.

Now only FedEx was missing. According the tracking information the thing was on the truck and was being delivered sometime during the day. But we didn't know when. So we just waited some more but eventually got pretty restless.

Eventually we went down to the street thinking that with that the truck will arrive sooner. And you know what? In less than five minutes after that a FedEx truck pulled up front of our building and the woman driver got out with our package in her hands. I jokingly remarked if went down to the street earlier she would have arrived sooner.

But it is interesting that these two thing happened pretty much as we wished them to happen.

I'll try it with the Lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment