Monday, April 20, 2015

Friday

Friday night we went out to Manhattan Beach. It was a lovely night and we decided to take a nice leisurely walk along the water at Sheepshead Bay. The water was calm as it should be in a bay and there are always a great number of ducks, geese and swans around.

These birds wait for people to feed them and I guess they are not hard pressed for food because I always see people feeding them.

This time however I noticed that there were no swans around. Walking further we saw that all the swans were congregated in one area. I figured that maybe they had a party or something. But after some observation I noticed that there were a few who were swimming around with their wings slightly raised.

I know that swans mate for life and I figured these were males strutting their stuff trying to catch females. Usual Friday night thing to do when one is a single male!

These birds swam around but as long as we were watching them but there were no females responding. I really felt sorry for these poor guys.

Until I noticed two of the supposedly male swans rubbing their faces together in a kind of loving gesture. So, I came to the following conclusion. Either my theory about single males looking for a nice night on the beach was wrong or there are gay swans around.

I am leaning toward the faggot swan theory!



No comments:

Post a Comment