Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Sunday

Today was Easter Sunday. People who went out to strut their stuff as it has been the custom been lucky because the better part of the day was really nice and springlike.

I spent the better part of the weekend on Manhattan Beach in our weekend hideaway. Had a great time. Yesterday we went on an ginormous walk in the area. That neighborhood is populated predominantly by Russians. And wherever they move in they build their homes in places of the existing houses.

I saw many such homes in Queens but they were nothing compared to the ones I had the opportunity to see yesterday. Opulent is not a strong enough word to express what they look like. I can not even imagine the wealth these homes represent. Some of them are real palaces some just huge and unusual. But they are all well kept and they are all in nice and clean areas.

Last night we went to a nice local seafood restaurant where I had a half a dozen raw oysters among other food. The rest of the food was very good.

Today we came back to my place because my girlfriend's little daughter had her first sleepover tonight with her friends. And I guess that is a big thing for little girls because she has been talking about it for weeks. The next one I'm sure will go down much easier.

Providing there is parent who will volunteer their home for such an event!

No comments:

Post a Comment