Sunday, April 12, 2015

Saturday

It is hard to comprehend, at least for me, why people feel obligated to meddle in other people's affairs even when those affairs do not affect their lives. Some people just meddle simply for the sake of meddling.

Case in point is an unnamed "friend" who took upon herself to get involved in my affairs. It seems to irk her that I am VERY involved with a young(er) woman who happens to make my life a lot more pleasant and a lot more fulfilling than it has been in the recent past.

Justifying her comments behind several decades of friendship she is trying to convince me, through a third party, that my involvement is wrong and I should come to my senses and should discontinue my relationship.

Now, this third party is a very dear mutual friend who happens to be at an advanced age, lost his wife several years ago and lives alone. I have been visiting this person regularly and highly value his opinion. Interestingly it was him and his wife who introduced me to my recently deceased wife in 1978. Now it was through him that I met this young lady with whom I hope to have a very long and happy relationship. This means this friend has a very good track record.

My meddling friend did not bother to inquire about the well being of this elderly gentleman for a very long time. Suddenly now she is calling him at least weekly if not more frequently and trying to fill his head about the errors of my and our ways.

The funny thing is and she is not capable to understand that my friend is on our side and did tell her repeatedly that this affair is none of her business.

I honestly appreciate the effort that she wants to point me in the right direction but the problem is that her right direction is not my right direction. She is an elderly woman whose life is boring and monotone. If she is as good a friend as she claims to be she would be happy for me that I found real love and somebody who unabashedly cares for me and I for her and we continuously make our lives exiting.

There is no crime in feeling young(er) again. Maybe she should also try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment