Friday, May 1, 2015

Thursday

Today was very educational for me. You see, I have a carpet in the bedroom that is about 7'10" x 10'9" in size. It was bought several years ago not for much money and most of it is not visible because it is hidden by the bed.

We decided to buy a better looking and thicker carpet which brought up the question of what to do with the old one. I immediately said we shouldn't throw it out but try to give it away to a charity.

That is easier said than done. Half the morning was spent on calling one charity after another. It turned out that they are so selective that it really turned my stomach.

I called Goodwill and was told they didn't pick up anymore and they didn't take furniture and household items. I called a Jewish charity and was told they were not interested. It sounded like if it was not money they were not interested. I called the Veterans and was told no. I called a few others and they all said they were not taking rugs.

Actually the Jewish organization said they would take it only if it fitted into a washing machine. I said it would fit into a gigantic one!

Finally Salvation Army said they would accept it. The only problem was that if I wanted them to pick it up it couldn't be before June meaning I have to deliver it.

Aside from that the day was pretty good. We made arrangements for our Grand Canyon visit while we are in Las Vegas and we also reserved a table for us at the Stratosphere restaurant.

Something else.

Yesterday I decided, again to assemble that thing we bought for the bathroom and was missing some part and was replaced by another "sealed" box. I opened the box yesterday morning and started to put the thing together but noticed that a little package containing all the screws was missing. You can not imagine how pissed I was. Those frigging Chinese pay absolutely no attention to what they put in these packages.

I had to go to two different Bed, Bath and Beyond stores until I was able to find a good package. But now it is assembled and stands proud in the bathroom.

Since this was yesterday today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment