Sunday, May 3, 2015

Saturday

Today is Saturday and tonight we are going to a concert. Its theme is Rock, Pop and Doowop from the 1950s and'60s.

I have never been to a concert like this and I'm very curious what it will be like. I saw many on television and did notice that the audience do get very involved so I hope this will be just as informal.

The concert is on Long Island with a few old groups participating. It also means that parking should not be a problem.

The next time I write I'll let you know what it was like.

Otherwise today was a very pleasant day. Last night we went to Manhattan Beach to spend the night there. For dinner we went to a Turkish restaurant where we had a very good dinner.

If my life would depend on it I would not be able to name what we had with the exception of the Turkish beer Effe. I know that she had chicken and I had lamb but the name of the courses I don't remember.

The important thing is that they were good and we liked them.

I told them that I was Magyar and Hungary lived under Ottoman rule for over 400 years and because of that I should receive some kind of restitution.

At the end they didn't charge for the beers. For me it was a reasonable thing for my 400 years of suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment