Monday, May 11, 2015

Sunday

The last thing I would ever do is toot my own horn. But something happened Saturday afternoon and I have to mention it.

We went out to Manhattan Beach in order to spend the weekend in our hideaway. I would like to say that it was a nice ride but I can't because the traffic was awful. It seems that it does not matter which we drive there is always traffic. Anyway we eventually we got to our destination and there the search for parking place started. Eventually we did find one.

While unloading the car a middle aged man walks by with a cute little dog. Me liking cute little dogs started to talk to it. The man looked like a butcher. Fat head, no neck, big belly. But he was very friendly and started talking to us in some very strong European accent.

I quietly made some not very friendly comment about him but fortunately he didn't hear it. Suddenly he addressed us in Hungarian. It turned out he was from Transylvania and has been here in the states for about 42 years and lived next to the apartment building we went to.

He told us his name and asked for mine. All this in a very friendly manner. Somehow the talk turned to our ages and he said that he was sure he was older than me. I said I doubted it.

He turned out to be 62. When I told him I was 78 he didn't want to believe it. He asked me what drug I was using. I pointed to my GF and told him she was my drug.

No comments:

Post a Comment