Saturday, May 2, 2015

Friday

Today I got a real taste of family life. Not that I didn't taste it until now but this time was a little different.

My girlfriend and her little girl live with me almost full time now. Let's call the little girl Abigail. That is not her name but I really never mention any names to protect the innocent, as they say in the movies.

Well, Abigail is 12 and 12/13th years old very opinionated and self conscious. Every morning I wake her up around ten minutes past seven, prepare her breakfast and snacks for school and then around 7:45 I drive her to school. Dressing up and fixing hair is always a very important part of the morning routine.

I love doing this, it gives some purpose to my days and also start my days at a reasonably early hour. It also gives me more time to do not much during the day. Actually I also pick her up from school or from visiting friends at different times of the afternoon. Just the way she commands it!

The morning waking up is always a torturous affair. Abigail loves to sleep and many days I physically have to drag her off the sofa where she sleeps.

Last night she decided to get up early this morning because she wanted to curl her hair with an electric curler. Miracle of miracles at 6:45 she was walking into the bathroom all dressed and ready to work on the hair.

By the time I got up at seven she was still in the bathroom and when her mother got up a little bit later she was still in the bathroom curling. Like good family members we both patiently waited our turns to get to the bathroom until the beautification of Abigail was completed. Actually it took almost an hour.

When a little girl wants to go into the bathroom to fix herself up there is no possible emergency that will move her away from her assigned task. But when she needs the space we all have to jump.

Now that is family life as I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment