Saturday, May 9, 2015

Friday

Last night we had a fabulous night of entertainment at the Opera. We saw Franz Lahar's The Merry Widow. Actually this is not an opera but an operetta and it was sung in English but we didn't mind this at all.

Even though real opera lovers might frown on this kind of entertainment thinking this besmirches the sanctity of opera still there was an almost full house.

I have seen this operetta before, my GF saw it also but still we just loved the familiar songs and the innocent humor of the entire play.

Before the start of the show we did some people watching and were very amused by the variety of ways people dressed. It is amazing to see women dressed in such a horrible way that even I can see how bad it is yet they are convinced that they look good. Again there were women in long gown and men in tuxedos and tails. Since I am going to the Opera I saw more men in tails then in my entire life.

After the opera we car out of the garage and went out to eat. I was told that right across the Lincoln Center there are several late night restaurants and it was true. Street parking was easy at that hour (10:45pm) and we went to P.J. Clarke's for a bite to drink and a sip of food. I mean the reverse. I had the best Bloody Mary ever and I did drink a lot of Bloody Marys.

We also had some food and finally about midnight set out for the old homestead. I like night driving. Much less traffic, one can cruise homebound at a respectable speed and also get home at a decent time.

By 1 am we were in bed and almost ready to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment