Saturday, May 23, 2015

Friday

Today is Friday the end of the week and the beginning of the long Memorial Day weekend. Actually when one is retired long weekends have no real meaning except that there are more people at places that usually are fairly quiet.

Today being the last business day before my trip I was pretty busy. I usually handle my money things on this day and today was no exception. I went to the bank to take money out for the trip. I also called my credit card companies to advise them that their card will be used outside the country. Meaning don't embarrass me by shutting down any of the cards because it is being used in a peculiar location.

It already happened and it was pretty inconvenient.

It was very interesting. One bank card went through very easily while the other bank asked so many questions that I almost hung up on them I was so frustrated.

Actually, as I noted at the beginning it is Friday night but against our habits we are in Queens. We will be going out to Manhattan Beach on Saturday and plan to stay until Monday morning. Then home to get ready.

I don't think I will have to much opportunity to write while I am away, therefore this will be my last entry until the middle of June when I return.

On that note I wish everybody a good start of Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment