Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Today

Today is June 23, 2015 and I am back from a fairly long hiatus. I was away in Europe for three weeks with a very dear friend with whom we have a common past. We grew up together, went to school together and left the country together. The fact that he is also some kind of a cousin will not be held against him because I cherish his friendship a lot more than our relationship.

Anyway we left New York on May 25 and arrived in Stockholm on the morning of the 26th. Spent two days there then on to Budapest where we stayed from May 28 through June 16.

To say that we had a wonderful time is an understatement. We enjoyed every minute of it. My only problem was being away from my loved ones for such a long time.

Three weeks is very long to be away from people one loves and I did promise that this will never happen again. I missed her and she missed me. The fact that we spoke on the phone every night made the absence a little easier but not by much.

But when I returned I received a welcome reception right there at the airport that every man should receive who stays away from his family for an extended period of time.

Aside from this the trip was great. The first leg, Stockholm was very interesting. It is a nice, clean city where everybody speak English. There was a lot to see and we made it sure that we did see as much as was possible.

Then we went on to Budapest, the city of our youth and a place full of nostalgic memories. The weather throughout our stay was as balmy as it could be. Shorts every day along with short sleeve shirts.

Even though we rented a car for our stay we did walk enormous distances. That walk prevented us from putting on too much extra weight even though we ate a lot.

Next time I will go a little deeper into our trip. This was just to show that I am back and will try to write as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment