Sunday, June 28, 2015

Saturday

I have to apologize to the Hungarian Postal Service. They are really not that bad. They are pretty bad but not that bad. I mailed my postcards on June 2nd in Budapest and they were finally delivered today, the 27th. It only took 25 days to get them across the ocean. Actually instead of complaining I should be glad that they were delivered at all.

Now to more serious matter.

We were in Budapest for twenty days or more accurately nineteen and a half days. In those days we visited 27 eating establishments including pastry shops for various levels of eating. That is not a small accomplishment. There were some places we visited that were known from previous trips but we also visited several establishments the first time.

These 27 places total approximately 43 eating outs. There were some not very satisfactory but the majority were great. Some were so good that we went back more than once.

Amazingly, my friend and I have very similar tastes so it was very easy for us to agree on what we wanted to eat each time and where should we go.

There are really high class restaurants with great food and superb service that are very expensive for the local population but with the current exchange rate we were able to come out ahead and enjoy those restaurants.

Hungarian food is just plain great. Their flavors are just something that one can not find here unless one is lucky enough to have real home cooked meal prepared by a loved one who know all the tricks.

I am such a person and because of that my enjoyment does not have to stop with my return but it keeps on going.

No comments:

Post a Comment