Monday, May 4, 2015

Sunday

As I mentioned Saturday on that night we had a date with the past The music past that is. We went to a doo wop concert.

I love doo wop music mainly because the songs they sing have melodies, they are understandable and they don't bark as pregnant dogs like today's singers do. Actually I do not like, I hate today's music.

Some of the music we heard was from before I came to this country and many were new after I got here. Since I worked from the beginning I never had much time to spend on such entertainment but I heard the songs on the radio and got to like them.

There were about six groups from yesteryear performing and every one of them was good, each received standing ovation from the audience. And believe me, to some of the audience members standing up was no easy task.

Easily my girlfriend was the youngest in the auditorium, I blended in.

Most of the groups performing had about one original member. I guess these people owned the name and that is how they survive. The additional members are maybe a slightly younger ones but they are all qualified for Medicare.

Looking at these performers I was thinking that they all looked like dentists, accountants, maybe engineers, without exception grandfathers. But none looked like singers or performers.

Regardless, they sang oldtime favorites and all sang well.

I have never been to a concert like this and I enjoyed myself immensely. Would like to see another one when the chance arises.

Maybe at one there will be dancing in the isles.

No comments:

Post a Comment