Friday, May 9, 2014

Thursday

I am sitting here in my clean apartment and I'm afraid to move.

Today is Thursday and that is traditionally cleaning day. And, just like Tevye said "tradition, tradition..." Thursday is still cleaning day.

I am afraid to move because I worked very hard, everything is spic and span and I don't want to stir up dust or disturb things. It is true that every Thursday is cleaning day but it is now a modified schedule. I do certain things only and then other stuff the following week.

I mean how much dirt can I produce? But what bothers me is that ten minutes after I dust off the furniture there is dust on them again. Where the hell it is coming I don't know. The windows are always closed so it can not come from the outside. This is an eternal mystery.

I started around ten in the morning and finished about 2:30 in the afternoon. But don't feel sorry for me because I stopped several times.

Played on the computer, talked on the phone, ate, played more on the computer and then cleaned also.

Interesting that even though I was helping with the cleaning for years it was always under supervision and with guidance. Now that I am doing it all by myself I am getting better and better with it. I make my own plans, do what I think is necessary at my own pace. Unfortunately nobody will complain if the work is not perfect.

After all these weeks I still don't know when to use Pledge and when to use Liquid Gold on the furniture since I have them both at home.

I am taking a psychological approach to house cleaning. Actual I always did but now more than before. It is a physical exercise just like going to the gym. It must be since after finishing every bone and muscle in my body hurt.

Since I am good at this maybe I should do other people's homes, too. I'll advertise myself as "Cleaning Hunk".

No comments:

Post a Comment