Friday, May 23, 2014

Handshake

Today, while doing my weekly chores of housecleaning I heard something on the radio. You know what radio is, right? I am old(er) so I still occasionally listen to the radio.

Anyway, they said that some medical journal came out with the results of a study according to which only about 40% of doctors wash their hands with a good disinfectant after each patient. So, they recommend that doctors abstain from shaking hands with patients since this would be the best way to infect other people.

I'm getting sick and tired of all these new discoveries. They come out with things that have been around for thousands of years and now they are telling us that we should stop doing it.

Instead of concentrating all their efforts on important research like curing cancer, they spend money on researching the effects of handshakes. That will not help any cancer patients!

I am surprised that nobody came out with the smart idea that we should stop breathing. I mean let's be realistic. We breathe in germs and then we exhale the same or different germs thereby infecting other people. Isn't just right that we should start breathing or at least breathe into a paper bag.

I have plenty of time, maybe I'll publish this idea in a medical journal. I'll just have to find a lot of unpronounceable medical or Latin words then I am home free. How do they say paper bag in Latin?

No comments:

Post a Comment