Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Perseverance

Perseverance is very important. If one can not succeed try and try again. I think that's how the saying goes.

Well, I succeeded today.

A few days before I wrote how annoyed I was that it was impossible to find certain things that I needed to replace at home. The reason was that they were purchased a while ago and now these items are either discontinued or just plain hard to find.

I decided to replace my bedroom curtains because they were a few years old and I just didn't like them. Deciding is easy, finding what I wanted turned out to be almost impossible. The type of curtains I needed they did not make anymore. They just decided I guess that it was not worth making it even though we purchased these only a few years back.

I tried everything. Went to all the department stores and specialty stores that I knew of with no result. I tried the Internet but couldn't find what I wanted anywhere in the world.

But today I won and simply because I persevered!

After I finished my morning gym I figured I have nothing else planned so I visited a few more stores and finally I found the right (almost right) curtains in one.

I quickly bought what I needed, took them home an hoped that they would be good and I won't have to take them back.

Worked on them for over an hour and at the end they look beautiful. Well, they are not perfect but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and I like them.

Now I am back looking for something else that I can not find easily. I want a new, inexpensive robe to wear around the house. Inexpensive is the key word and today looking at five stores I saw them only in one place.

But I won't give up and I know that at the end I will prevail.

You see, these things keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment