Thursday, May 22, 2014

Revenge

Revenge is sweet, the saying goes. It might be true depending on what is being revenged.

Day before yesterday, Monday I was on a warpath with nothing but revenge on my mind. I was blinded by my anger, I couldn't tell the right from wrong, I just wanted blood!

Yeah, that's me all right. Mild mannered me. But I was still looking for revenge.

With that on my mind, on Monday after finishing my exercises in the gym I decided to go out to the beach again. The weather was very pleasant, sunny and not exactly summery but o.k.

Last week a hooligan seagull mugged me and robbed me of my hot dog. Right out of my hand in daylight. So the other day I decided to go out there, look for the bugger and punish him. I had no idea how but at least that was on my mind.

Well I went to the same place looking for the bum. But how can one tell one seagull from the other. This one had no distinguishing mark on his face, no limp or anything else. So, how could I tell him from the others.

I even waved another hot dog in the air hoping to see that he would again jump at the opportunity and then I might be able to smack him on the jaw. But this time there was no taker. I wound up eating my hot dog.

I was very disappointed but at least I was able to get a little more suntan. The trip was not for nothing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment