Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Cleanliness

I take a shower whenever it is necessary which is usually every day. But I do skip a day once in a while. I also shave regularly which is also every day, most of the time.

When I worked there was never any question about when to shower and shave. Every day was the rule. Also my wife was here to remind me if I inadvertently missed a day.

Women love to bathe, might that be a bath or just a shower but with them it is always a major undertaking. Since they like to pamper themselves it is natural that it takes a lot longer than for men.

Me? I go into the shower and by the time the commercial is over in my shower radio I am done. No pampering for this dude. I live with what god gave me.

Now that I am alone things are a little different. With my wife we used to go out every single day. Never stayed home. Might that be just to walk around some stores but still went out.

Now I don't go out if I have no reason to. I don't go to stores just to look around because frankly, they bore me. So, since I do not go out I have the tendency to skip some routines. Who will complain? Sometimes I do stay in two or three days, except for going to the gym.

Sometime early last week it just happened that I had no reason to go anywhere and I decided that I would not shave until it was absolutely necessary.

That lasted about four days. Even though it was great for my face but when I looked at my reflection in the mirror I got scared. And, when I took a selfie of me I got even more scared. I looked like somebody on a police wanted poster besides the fact that I looked ten years older than I really am.

So very quickly I shaved and got nice and clean and suddenly looked only as old as I really am.

This does not mean that I will not skip a day here and there with my shaving which I will but never as long as it was the last time.

But pampering is still out of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment