Monday, May 5, 2014

Sleep or No Sleep

I could not sleep this morning. Proof of it is that right now it is just before 8 am and I have been up since 5:30.

I went to sleep a little after midnight Saturday, got up at 4:30 then back to bed but couldn't go back to sleep. I don't know why. I was nervous, I was tossing and turning and sleep just eluded me. So, by 5:30 I said heck with this and got up.

Even my coffee maker was still sleeping. Set for 7 am I had to start it manually. So, what does one do at 5:30 am when the rest of the world is still asleep on a Sunday morning?

I started up my computer and was on it for a while, then at seven I took a shower and after that I made my first telephone call.

Not for here in the US but to Hungary where by that time it was almost two o'clock in the afternoon. I talked to my cousin for almost a half an hour. Thanks to a good telephone plan a half hour of overseas conversation costs only 30 cents. And me being a big spender we just talked!

Today is Mother's Day in Hungary (first Sunday in May) and he was very depressed. Lost his mother, my aunt, about sixteen years ago and he misses her a lot.

He also had a minor stroke a few months ago and now he is afraid of everything. Afraid to go out alone, afraid to take medications, afraid not to take medications, afraid to do anything and plus he is not a young man. Bottom line is that he is extremely depressing. He lives alone because he is a confirmed bachelor and now he is lonely, now he misses family.

Right now I really do not need somebody who is very depressed. I have enough on my plate to deal with but the nice guy I am, I wound up trying to cheer him up.

I also told him I couldn't sleep this morning, he said neither could he. He always tries to up my misery with his. Do I really need this?

He is my father's brother's son thus my first cousin and I love him as miserable as he is.

Whenever we visited Hungary he was a great companion,loved to go out to restaurants and eat whatever we dreamed up. Right now I am thinking going there next year for a visit and I am looking forward to seeing him and spending time with him.

Oh, yeah and, going out to eat with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment