Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Sad Event

Today was a kind of a sad day for me. Don't get upset, nothing really serious.

Today I drove into Manhattan (big mistake) to have lunch with my brother in law. We usually lunch together every few weeks. He is just about the only family I have left here in on this side of the ocean.

The mistake was not to have lunch with him but drive into Manhattan. Today was nothing special, ordinary working day accompanied with beautiful weather. The problem was that it took me almost an hour to find a parking spot in a side street. In short the city is a disaster.

I have been in the area a million times but today was by far the worst.

Anyway, that wasn't what made the day sad. It was a lot more serious thing.

We had lunch in the only Hungarian restaurant left in New York and the lunch was very good. I have not been there for many months and I really enjoyed it since I love the stuff.

I had a very summery cold cherry soup and for main course veal paprikash with dumplings. It was very, very good.

Here comes the problem. After finishing the main course I could not eat my dessert because I was full. That really shook me up because I used to be able to eat everything that was put front of me.

Maybe my stomach shrunk? That's not good. If I ever go away somewhere where there is good food in abundance I will not be able to eat to my heart's content. That is very sad!

I think I will have to start some serious exercise for stretching the capacity of my stomach but I don't know how to do that without putting on pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment