Thursday, May 1, 2014

Another Sunday

I know it is Thursday when this is published but I just had to write about my last Sunday.

Two weeks ago I drove into Manhattan to Macy's to exchange a belt that was my birthday present for another size. Well, this Sunday I drove in again to exchange that same belt but this time to another color. The original belt was brown and I realized I have oodles of brown belts and only one black belt. Now, I have two black belts!

You see, I may not know how to cook but I can think for myself when necessary.

The drive in was pleasant just like the last time but parking this time was a lot more difficult. Macy's is between 34 and 35th streets and I finally parked in 43rd Street. When one is looking for a parking spot it is very easy to go further and further away from the place one wants to be close to.

The good thing was that the weather was pleasant and I didn't mind walking. I crossed Times Square and walked around like a tourist.

I haven't been there on foot in years and I found the area very interesting and busy. I walked up and down 42nd street and gawked at the signs and curbside vendors. I was glad that I was not a tourist. I would have been totally lost. As a New Yorker I just looked at things and kept saying to myself that these things are for the tourists.

No self respecting New Yorker would fall for any of the come ons.

Two weeks ago I saw an Iranian New Year parade. This time there was a remembrance on Times Square for the 1912 Armenian genocide. I watched that for a while then I realized how much politicians love to hear themselves speak so I left.

This is a big city, every week something is happening somewhere.

I had lunch at Macy's again, this time it was for $18. Man, nothing is too good for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment