Friday, May 16, 2014

9/11

A week ago on Friday I was going somewhere and I saw a crowd gathering. Being the curious type I ventured over to see what's cooking. It was the ceremonial opening of a subway station handicap elevator, from street level down to the station.

The damn thing was talked about for about twenty years, was being constructed for about three and finally it opened up for public use. This supposed to make easier for people with handicaps or with luggage to get down to the station.

What was curious was that instead just to open that thing and let it ride everybody who thought themselves important were there. There were handshakes, smiles, photo opportunities and mutual congratulations.

That was pretty much when my stomach started to churn. I know that politicians don't give a hoot about what the people want. All they want is to be reelected and for that they need the subway elevator, the handshakes and the photo ops.

On that note, today was the ceremonial opening of the 9/11 Memorial Museum. Speaking of politicians. The subway elevator is for the lower class of local politicians. The 9/11 thing is for the elite class with the President there. There was mutual congratulations, speeches, handshakes, meeting with families etc. Everything just to be seen!

I think the whole thing is disgusting. As one might surmise I am against the entire circus. First of all I'll be damned if I pay $24 admission to go in there. Why should I pay to see what I lived through. Second the World Trade Center Survivors mafia is making everybody feel guilty if they do not agree with their demands. Where will all that money go that they plan to collect from the museum? I didn't realize that this was a profit making undertaking.

It is a shame that it took thirteen years to finally open a memorial place after what happened in 2001. And who is responsible for all the delays? The World Trade Center Survivors mafia. It was their constant and unreasonable bickering, demands that delayed the project. To me now it is disgrace.

I lost somebody very close to me in that attack and I remember him very fondly. But his widow told me years ago that they should just stop this constant and forceful reminding. Let people who lost loved ones do the remembering in their hearts or within their families but don't force people to listen to all the names read by individuals who sometimes can not even pronounce the names they are reading.

Just a final note. At the start of the ceremony a chorus sang the National Anthem and everybody visible on TV were singing along or at least mouthing the words. Everybody except Michael Bloomberg. He was standing there, next to President Obama with his lips tightly shut. O.k. he has more money than everybody together in that gathering but still, he should have made an effort just for the sake of publicity.





No comments:

Post a Comment