Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Summer?

Today was a gorgeous day. It was really like the middle of summer. It was clear sky, sun, humidity and warm temperature all day long.

In the morning I went to the gym. Actually morning is my definition because it was after ten o'clock by the time I got there. But technically it was still morning. I had to start working off all the calories I absorbed over the weekend.

Anyway it was a good workout, I sweated like a pig. I think the place was a little warm too that's why I sweated. But it still felt like an achievement.

After the workout I got in my car and drove out to the beach. By anybody's count today was a real beach day. This early in the season the beach is free but it doesn't matter because during the week it is always free for us, senior citizens.

I was very surprised to see so many people there. I have a handicapped parking permit and I had a real hard time finding parking space. As I always say all the cripplies were there. But fortunately, there was ample room on the sand.

I took my beach chair and went close to the water and sat down. It was very relaxing and pleasant. I sat there for an hour and that was enough. Actually for the first time that's even a little too much. But I really didn't care. I don't have any plans to go out again this week so by next week my skin will be all right.

When I got home and looked in the mirror I did see that I got some little color. Too bad that I don't know what color. But hey, a tan is a tan.

A little event that happened to me there.

I went in where they sell food and bought myself a hot dog. Put mustard on it and went outside to eat it, really desiring it. Well, I was attacked from up above by a giant seagull who ripped the food out of my hand. That thing came down like a dive bomber without any warning and stole my food. I hope he choked on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment