Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Other Cheek

Let bygones be bygones is for the forgiving types. It is not for me. No other cheek for me either.

There are things that happen in life that I just can not forgive or forget and, that's it.

Why am I saying this?

Because today I received a letter, actually an annual notice, from my wife's gastroenterologist advising Her to contact his office because it is time for a new gastrointestinal examination or in common words for a colonoscopy. And he goes on saying this is essential in maintaining good health and decrease chances for a serious medical ailment.

This irked me to no end. In previous years when we received such a notice we just threw it out but now this is a different situation.

The idiot does not know what he did or what he did not do and what were the consequences. He does not realise that because he was so busy telling us jokes he did not notice that the cancer was already there. Had he notice it all this tragedy might have been prevented and my wife did not have to suffer and at the end die.

He was very jovial throughout the examination, he was telling us jokes and kept telling that everything looked fantastic. Later when he needed to take biopsy and that turned out positive he was still telling us there was nothing to worry about because that little cancer can be easily removed.

How wrong he was! His little cancer turned out to be an incurable metastasized cancer that spread to the liver.

It took over three years of treatments and false hopes until the irreversible finality.

He had no clue of what he did or didn't do. He is sitting in his office convinced that he is one of the world's greatest doctor.

In my anger I wrote him a letter today where I pretty much conveyed the same thoughts. If he gets insulted to bad! Honestly, I hope he does.

Because as long as I live I will never forgive him for taking my wife away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment