Thursday, December 31, 2015

Wednesday

I really don't like to splurge on myself. I like to give to the ones I love and maybe I'll go as far as to the ones I like but I just loath to spend on me. I always say to myself money spent on me is a waste.

So, I can't tell how surprised I was when my lovely wife talked me into a new pair of eyeglasses. The current ones I have since about 2007 and I have no complaints about them at all. But she said I did need a new pair that look a little more modern and maybe better for my current eyesight.

I bowed to her reasoning and reluctantly agreed. We looked and we looked and we looked. Finally set on a pair of gold wire rimmed glasses. They look pretty good and I look fairly distinguished with them on.

The price was a different story. If I were a one eyed cyclops it would have cost $425 but since I was not it cost double! Unbelievable what people won't do for a woman they love! I would have never spent that kind of money on myself but thankfully, she persevered.

They were supposed to be ready for last Saturday but they were not until today. The man who runs the place profusely apologized and since we are returning costumers told us that we can come in for a free pair of glasses after the New Year. Next week we will take him up on his offer because my wife needs new reading glasses.

I know that there is no such a thing as free in this country so I am prepared to pay something but I'll fight tooth and nail for every penny to be spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment