Thursday, December 24, 2015

Wednesday (Day before X-mas Eve)

It is amazing how easy to open certain accounts in this country. That may be bank account, investment portfolios, ownership of a timeshare or an apartment rental lease. The difficulty lies in changing the name of the primary owner or changing the format of the ownership.

Ownership format change all over the place. People get married, get divorced, people pass away. Every one of these have effects on certain ownerships. And that was what happened to me.

Going back to these institutions and requesting a joint ownership or an additional credit card for the spouse is a long and tedious process. I have been doing it for a few days already and each and every time it is a hassle. I am convinced they are making the process so difficult because they hope people will just give up and will not bother them any longer.

They push the Internet but the Internet sometimes is very uncooperative.

Something else.

Tomorrow night is Christmas Eve. Today was the last day in school for Abigail until January 2, 2016. It also means that tomorrow morning I will not have to get up at 6:30 to wake her up. Hallelujah! I will try to be true to my tradition and attempt to stay up and watch the Midnight Mass. I like the pomp and the whole shebang.

Today I ordered new eyeglasses because my old ones were eight years old. According to the optometrist my vision didn't change at all. But he also said that I should go and see an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) because I might be heading towards glaucoma. I don't have to tell anybody how much that thing scared me. So first thing Thursday morning I will make an appointment with one. With the exceptions of my cataracts I never had any problems with my eyes. That is why it scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment