Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Monday

If I want a new career at this stage of my life it would be toilet seat installer. In recent days I installed toilet seats about four times. The last one went on without a hitch.

We have two bathrooms with one toilet each. We bought new seats for each. Installed them, removed them, returned them for exchange and installed the new ones. (This is what "rich" people do when they have nothing else to do.)

Actually, it was pretty funny. One of the seats was a little longer because I thought that was what we needed. In that bathroom the toilet is so close to the door that with the elongated seat it was not possible to open the bathroom door without rubbing against the seat. Back it went and now we have the correct size.

It is unbelievable how certain rooms are designed without thinking about measurements and how things should fit in. But resourcefulness always wins.

Something else.

Today just before twelve noon I gave back to the landlord the keys to the old apartment. With that a major phase of my life ended. But according to the laws of nature when something ends something else begins. And that something else is my new life. I have new family and I am looking forward to a new and beautiful future.

I was not nostalgic about the old place but still I lived there from 1962 through 2015. There were some good times and there were some bad times. I didn't shed any tears leaving since I am not dwelling on the past. The past is the past and the future is awaiting me. I am a lot more excited about our new life that we will embark on than waste time and energy on the past.

But I still walked through one more time before leaving the last time. It was ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment