Sunday, December 27, 2015

Boxing Day

Yesterday was Christmas Day. We spent most of the day home getting ready for the rest of our family to visit us. Around 6:30 they arrived and then we got down to some serious eating and some light drinking. We ate stuffed cabbage, beef roast and chicken. We had a good time with lots of good conversation. That is what makes a good family Christmas.

Today the celebrations are over but Christmas still lingers in the air. We decided to give Manhattan a chance so we drove in. After some heavy searching we did find street parking, not free though and started walking around.

Since we walked on Fifth Avenue we were lucky enough to see the Sach's Fifth Avenue light show. It was just awesome. Another thing that was awesome were the mass of humanity in the area. Cutting through the crowd was a real challenge. We also went to see the tree at Rockefeller Center. Looked real nice all lit up. People were trying very hard to take pictures and that resulted in a lot of pushing and shoving.

After the sight seeing we decided to go the Hungarian pastry shop for some sweets. They were very good. It also turned out that today is my Name Day an event that many Hungarians observe.

My wife and Abigail (my daughter) bought me two beautiful presents that really almost made me cry.

After the pastry we headed home but along the way we made one more stop. And, that was dinner in one of our favorite restaurant. The dinner was also my wife's present to me.

I am totally moved by the love I receive that I can not find simple words to describe it.

A beautiful day ended with a beautiful Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment